Sunday, October 28, 2012

I'm a Drinker, I'm a Writer, and I'm a...

HEY YOU GUYS!

Since I launched this blog (yesterday!) I've been thinking about what I want my whole "blog identity" to be.

And oh my GAWD doesn't that sound pretentious. What does "blog identity" even mean? Why have an identity? Does my blog even NEED an identity? Isn't my blog identity just ME?

WAIT! Does my blog identity supercede my own identity? Will The Literarygrrrl become ME? *GASP* Has it already happened??

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. Slow down, Grrrl.

All I mean is: what do I want to do with this blog? And so I looked back over my blog's mission statement: I write shit, I read shit, I drink shit, I talk shit.

So on this here blog I'll talk about what I write! And what I read! And what I drink! But I want to combine that in a fun sort of way. So I'm gonna pair book reviews with my experiments with adult beverages. Like, I'll review a book and share drinks that are inspired by the book, or by the author, or by the goofy-or-silly-or-sad-or-hopeful-or-angry-or-wistful way the book makes me feel.

BUT! This is NOT intended to be a book review site per se. This is The Literarygrrrl. Where I write shit and I read shit and I drink shit and I talk shit.

And now let me leave you with this Halloween-inspired picture of ZOMBIE DRINKS!




No comments:

Post a Comment